[Noisebridge-discuss] Wanted: Intern Help Desk / Sysadmin for Local Non-Profit

Reed Kennedy reed at notfine.com
Wed Jul 1 23:11:36 UTC 2009

Hey Noisebridge,

Short Version:
My non-profit is looking for a part time systems / support intern for
the month of August and a bit of September.

Who We Are:
The Pachamama Alliance is a small rainforest non-profit located in San
Francisco's Presidio. We work with indigenous tribes in Ecuador and
Peru trying to win official rights to their ancestral land. They, in
turn, protect the land. We've been doing it for 10 years, and it works
pretty well.

What's Up:
It's time for my sabbatical. I'm going to run Dance Dance Immolation
in Denmark. When I return, I'm going straight to Nevada to build Black
Rock City. We're hoping to find an intern to sub for me while I'm
gone.

When:
>From around the 27th of July until September 10th. I'm hoping for
someone who can come in 2-3 days a week for 3 or more hours a day.

The Job:
We're an all-Mac shop with most services hosted externally. The only
requirements are good skills working with end users and the ability to
troubleshoot Macs in a production environment (all primary systems are
Leopard / Intel.)
Other skills that aren't a must but would be great include: HTML,
Joomla, Google Apps, Mac OS X Server, Final Cut Studio 2, PFSense,
Salesforce, basic networking, basic hardware troubleshooting, and user
training. Basic product researching and purchasing skills won't hurt
either.

What's In It For You:
I'll gladly provide letters of recommendation, serve as an employment
reference, and/or sign off on community service hours. I'll also be
glad to provide mentoring and training prior to the volunteer period
if desired.

More information:
One of our websites sucks, and one doesn't:
www.pachamama.org
www.awakeningthedreamer.org

Interested?
Drop me a line with your qualifications (resume if possible) and any
questions you may have.

Cheers,
Reed Kennedy
IT Administrator