[Noisebridge-discuss] A PAC for geeks?

PSuliin psuliin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 22:50:41 UTC 2009

  Sent to you by PSuliin via Google Reader: A PAC for geeks? via MAKE
Magazine by Gareth Branwyn on 7/2/09

Introducing Syn/Ack Pac, a Political Action Committee for "SysAdmins,
Tinkerers, CodeMonkeys, Makers, Technologists, Warranty Voiders, and
Geeks of all types."
Why Do Geeks Need a PAC? Non-profit groups like the Electronic Frontier
Foundation, Public Knowledge and many others do a great job
evangelizing, lobbying, and litigating on our behalf. But as non
profits, they're unable to particpate in the political process. That
political void is what SYN/ACK PAC seeks to fill, bolstering the
efforts of our non profit friends with our participation in campaigns
and elections, we'll make sure we elect members of Congress who will
represent our beliefs.
Sign up for the announcement list here.
Read more | Permalink | Comments | Read more articles in Makers | Digg
this!
Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to MAKE Magazine using Google Reader
favorite sites