[Noisebridge-discuss] phone at the space

nils at shkoo.com nils at shkoo.com
Fri Jul 10 02:24:19 UTC 2009

Hi,

I set up an IP Phone on the table.  Both it and the Red Payphone are
connected to our asterisk server on pony.

You can call from these phones using these internal extensions:

2463 - red payhone
2467 - cisco IP phone on table
2501 - gateway to telefreak.org

Note that the red payphone does not have a ringer currently so if you call
it it's unlikely anyone will pick up if you don't ask them to pick up
using some out-of-band communication mechanism. :)

>From either device you can dial 9 to get out; then you can dial 1 + 10
digit phone number to call anywhere in the NANP using Andy's voicepulse
account.

If you point a SIP softphone client at pony you should be able to call
e.g. 2467 at pony.noisebridge.net.  It would be nice for someone to test
this.

If you point a SIP softphone client at pony you should not be able to call
out through the PSTN using 1xxxxxxxxxx at pony.noisebridge.net.  It would be
nice for someone to test this as well to make sure we aren't letting
random people on the internet make calls through us.  (Though we might
want them to; I don't know.  I don't know if there are any usage charges
on the voicepulse account or any other liabilities.)

Are there other features we'd like?  Are there other VOIP devices we'd
like to connect to our PBX?

I think Miloh has been investigating getting some incoming numbers
assigned to us so we can call into 83c from the PSTN.

-nils