[Noisebridge-discuss] Resigning my membership

Geoff Schmidt geoff at geoffschmidt.com
Fri Jul 10 09:50:49 UTC 2009

Dear hackers of 83c,

I've decided to resign my membership in Noisebridge. Noisebridge is
very successful and a great thing for its members. In my case however
membership is not a good fit. I have considered ways to change
Noisebridge to make it closer to my ideal organization, but besides
being practically difficult, this would be largely disadvantageous to
the rest of the membership. Noisebridge is good at what it does; I'm
just looking for something else.

I still hope to come to 83c from time to time and check out your
progress. If you'd like to know more about my decision, that would be
a great time to ask me. There are many ways that I can potentially
help you, with knowledge, introductions, business/startup assistance,
or advice drawn from other groups of which I've been a part.
Personally speaking, it will be easier for me to do this as a friend
of the space than as a member. If there is a way that I can help you I
hope you will not hesitate to ask.

I'm traveling now but will be back in town on the 14th.

With my gratitude to all that have contributed,
Geoff