[Noisebridge-discuss] Club Mate?

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 22 15:35:25 UTC 2009

I heard from the 2600 people about their shipment of Club Mate from Germany to the US.  They bought 5 pallets at $2000 per pallet -- that's the landed price to get 4000 bottles of Club Mate to their storage unit in Long Island from the manufacturer in Germany (complete with English labels and all the required FDA stuff).  If we would like one pallet of Club Mate(which is 800 bottles), the cheapest price we've been able to find is $657.20 to truck it (all 1775 pounds of it) from the 2600 storage unit in Long Island to the door of Noisebridge.  That would be $2,657.20 total cost, which comes to $3.32 per bottle.

What do people think of Club Mate for $4 per bottle for sale at Noisebridge?  Is that worth it?  If we sold all of them, that would be about $500 net gain for Noisebridge.  If enough people think it's worth it, I'd be willing to kick in part of the cost of the $2,657.20 to get the 800 bottles here (and if others think it's worth it, maybe others could kick in enough to cover the rest).

Please let me know what you think.

Best,

Mitch.