[Noisebridge-discuss] Display color calibration tool at 83c

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Jul 24 06:31:46 UTC 2009

Hello Noisebridgers.

A few months ago after pulling my hair trying to get colors on my
display match up with colors on photos I got printed at a lab, I opted
to buy a color calibration tool. It's simply a tiny usb camera in a
housing meant to sit on top of your monitor wile a small bit of software
displays different colors. The recorded colors get compared and the
thing generates a color profile for you to use on your system.

The thing isn't perfect and accurate 100%, additionally all displays
can't be perfectly calibrated. There's also the fact that with LCDs you
must always have the same lighting conditions and viewing angle for true
calibration.

This device currently lives at 83c, and will continue to live there
until I return from my trip in about a week. If you're running Windows
or Mac (I'll shit gold if someone running *nix gives a rats ass about
how red their reds are) and would like to calibrate your display at
Noisebridge, please drop me an email asking so and I'll let you know
where this device lives, how to correctly use it and where to put it
back once you are done.

Once again if you'd like to use this thing, you must email me and get
permission before digging around for it, as it's my own tool and not
property of Noisebridge. Thanks!

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net