[Noisebridge-discuss] Homebrew PCB design phase complete, print phase medium to moderate fail

Adam Skory askory at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 03:50:30 UTC 2009

Howdy y'all.

Peter, Michael, and designed a circuit to make the Noisebridge logo
into an awesome and useless objet d'art of infinite blinky-buzzy
possibility.

Check out a picture of the board layout here:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Homebrew_PCB

We then tried printing the traces onto magazine paper with the laser
printer, then transferring the toner onto a solid copper board with an
iron. It worked surprisingly pretty OK, but didn't come out quite good
enough for the etching phase. Then we ran out of time.

So, on Monday evening I will hopefully have acquired some proper
transfer sheets. If I can't find any, we'll try someone's suggestion
to soak the magazine paper with soapy water after ironing but before
peeling if off. Then we'll do the etching bath and we'll have some
freaking cool homemade PCBs!

We can scrounge just about everything for populating the boards, but
we need some little button switches (square with 0.25x0.175 inch lead
spacing) and little speakers (0.25 inch lead spacing). If anyone has
any lying around please donate! (Mainly we don't want to wait for an
order to come in before testing the boards out...).

-Skory