[Noisebridge-discuss] anyone an expert at Processing

d p chang weasel at meer.net
Wed Jul 1 03:14:59 UTC 2009

Adam Skory <askory at gmail.com> writes:

>> by no means an expert (since the muralizer didn't use the libraries at
>> all on the avr side), but it is what the 'official' arduino runtime
>> uses. basically, it is a 'front-end' to c++ so you can use their
>> libraries and mix in 'foreign' goo pretty easily.
>
> Well, no. ( From http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ComparisonProcessing ):
>
> "The Arduino language (based on Wiring) is implemented in C, and
> therefore has some differences from the Processing language, which is
> based on Java."

ahhh... thanks for the correction. i never read that part and ass-u-me-d
that regular processing was the same as the arduino flavour (w/ fancier
libraries).

i've taken advantage of the fact taht it is c++ on the muralizer side
(since it is a stripped down version classes everywhere doesn't make a
lot of sense since there's no real runtime support).

\p
---
If there is, in fact, a Heaven and a Hell, all we know for sure is that
Hell will be a viciously overcrowded version of Phoenix.
		- Hunter S. Thompson