[Noisebridge-discuss] trips break wifi

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Jul 1 20:57:09 UTC 2009

Excerpts from Jason Dusek's message of Wed Jul 01 13:27:33 -0700 2009:
>   Somehow, the `noisebridge` AP is broken again. We have to use
>   the other AP, `noisebridge-a`.
>
>   This happened the last time there was a big trip with most
>   people leaving for a few days. I predict the next time there
>   is a major trip, someone will once again adjust the AP in such
>   a way as to break it.

I've heard of APs getting lonely before, but this one really takes the
cake. Still not sure if it's the 2.4 Ghz noisefloor or a crappy AP, but
I also often find switching to 5 Ghz helps.

"egdir_besion" is the other Cisco AP that should connect you to the same
network as "noisebridge". Useful if you want to see if it's the AP and/or it's position
or just all 2.4 Ghz.

--j