[Noisebridge-discuss] please rescind my membership to noisebridge. thank you.

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Wed Jul 8 20:49:36 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Andy Isaacson<adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:
> Rachel has volunteered to lead the process.  Of course if you'd prefer
> to help speed things along, you're welcome to do so -- I can provide a
> copy of our bylaws and startup motions and the California legal code
> they refer to, which together document the requirements for us to hold a
> legally binding election.

FWIW, I'd be willing to help, though I don't really understand what it
is that you need help with at this point, as it seems to be handled.

I lead and completed the process of making the Language Creation
Society a 501(c)3, exempt both federally and in CA (which are
distinct), and am the de facto reference person in the LCS for legal
stuff like this. IANAL, but somehow that's never stopped me before.
:-P

If you don't yet have a copy of _How to incorporate a non-profit in
California_ by Nolo Press, I strongly recommend you get one. It's
really not that hard, and the book is pretty good at laying it out
clearly, step by step.

Re. memberships: for the LCS, we have yearly membership dues, and it's
like a subscription; you're a member if you're within the year that
your last dues covered. We've never had someone want to cancel before
then (though we have had a couple directors resign and new ones come
on board), but to do so they'd just tell the secretary so we can check
'em off the members listing spreadsheet. I take it NB has some sort of
3 month grace period, which complicates it.

Are NB's bylaws etc. available online?

- Sai