[Noisebridge-discuss] please rescind my membership to noisebridge. thank you.

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Jul 8 21:01:29 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 01:49:36PM -0700, Sai Emrys wrote:
> If you don't yet have a copy of _How to incorporate a non-profit in

Yes, that book was my bible for several months last year.  Very helpful
indeed.

> your last dues covered. We've never had someone want to cancel before
> then (though we have had a couple directors resign and new ones come
> on board), but to do so they'd just tell the secretary so we can check

I believe in the matter at hand, the individual had filled out a
membership application but had not completed the membership process.
I'm waiting for our secretary to confirm that.  If that's the case it's
easy enough to withdraw the application.

> 'em off the members listing spreadsheet. I take it NB has some sort of
> 3 month grace period, which complicates it.

If a member hasn't paid dues for three months and hasn't made alternate
arrangements with the treasurer they're no longer considered a member in
good standing.

> Are NB's bylaws etc. available online?

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Bylaws

The incorporation documents and initial motions are only present in hard
copy AFAIK.  The bylaws do specify the initial board size though:

   Section 2. Number of Directors. The number of directors shall be not
   fewer than five (5) nor more than eleven (11), with the initial number
   of authorized directors to be five (5), unless otherwise authorized
   from time to time by resolution of the Board of Directors.

-andy