[Noisebridge-discuss] Space viewing report: 2169 Mission

Geoff Schmidt geoff at geoffschmidt.com
Mon Jul 13 05:26:10 UTC 2009

On Jul 13, 2009, at 1:11 AM, Sai Emrys wrote:
> I've never seen an elevator without call buttons (esp. since they
> double as 'open the door' buttons). Is this thing actually built
> without them, or are they somehow defective / missing / broken?

I've not been to 2169, but freight elevators typically have an up
button and a down button inside the cab. The elevator moves as long as
you hold the button. The doors are often manually operated. Aligning
the elevator with the floor is your responsibility, as is opening and
closing the door, though there is usually a safety interlock that
prevents the elevator from moving if a door is open. Otherwise you are
presumed to know what you're doing.

They can be a good place to take a date.

geoff