[Noisebridge-discuss] 2169 Mission, Tuesday 7/14, 8PM

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Tue Jul 14 13:09:03 UTC 2009

* Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> [090713 18:25]:

> Since the primary purpose of this visit is to enable Noisebridge to
> come to a decision on whether or not to rent this new space, the
> intended audience is current members. If a prospective member wants
> to tag along with a current member, I'm not going to be checking IDs
> at the door or anything like that... but this isn't intended as a
> general "come see what a Mission warehouse looks like".
>
> So, please limit guests and hangers-on to a minimum, and please
> don't repost on Laughing Squid.

This is a very good point to bring up.

I recall the first meeting we had at 83c being quite loud, chaotic and
emotionally draining. We should keep in mind that this is not "hey
everybody, check out the new space!! Whoohoo!!!" ... The prospective
landlord will likely be sizing us up as well.

It would be nice if whoever's running this (meeting? is this happening
in lieu of our meeting?) wouldn't have to yell repeatedly above
everyone's exuberance to call some semblance of order.

John

--
John Magolske
http://B79.net/contact