[Noisebridge-discuss] Build Team Progress

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 00:09:21 UTC 2009

A couple of points:

Floors should be done before we move into the space, or at least as
much floor as space we're going to use.  You really can't work on it
with people walking on it.  And while I am also of the school that
floor sanders are BIG FUN, I also think they're a BIG MESS, so we'd
need to plan accordingly.  I refinished the floor in my house the year
before I sold it, so had quite a bit of fun with this.  I think there
is really only 1 spot where a section of the floor need to be
completely replaced, in front of the bathroom.

As for finishing the shop... have you ever been to those automotive
places that look so bright and spotless?  It's because they have
everything sealed up tight so it's not difficult to hose down / mop
up.  If we are sloppy on finishing of "dirty" places, then they'll
just get really bad and stay there.  I am willing to bet that the
chem/bio people would definitely not like that.  I'd advocate having
dirty areas *more* finished than other areas.

Christie

PS I should have known Shannon would be into ripping out walls.

---
 Disrupting paradigms since 1967