[Noisebridge-discuss] Build Team Progress

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Fri Jul 17 17:10:44 UTC 2009

Actually, one point of opinion-al convergence I forgot to mention was this:
Whatever walls we build are going to end up being 8' walls, like the ones
currently in the space, despite the 12' ceilings.  This is because the space
up by the ceiling is full of power, lights and sprinklers; if nothing else,
occluding the sprinklers is a good way to get (a) killed and (b) the fire
inspectors mad at us.

--S

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 6:58 AM, d p chang <weasel at meer.net> wrote:

> d p chang <weasel at meer.net> writes:
>
> > Matt Peterson <matt at peterson.org> writes:

> >> Do we have plans to run electrical and/or ethernet wiring in said
> >> walls?
> >
> > i'm not an expert on walls or wiring, but the current ceiling
> > infrastructure (whether kept or not) seemed flexible for moving stuff
> > around and just dropping wires down where you needed them.
>
> in light of christie's last message, i'd like to say that i'm not trying
> to foist anything on anyone. just saying that i thought that the ceiling
> wiring seemed interestingly useful; especially for non-permanent
> buildout spaces (the non-colab areas).
>
> \p
> ---
> ...one of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
> lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of
> their C programs. - Robert Firth

Shannon Lee
(503) 539-3700