[Noisebridge-discuss] DefCon & HackTheBadge badges

Rodney Thayer redshuttlegunner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 22:54:47 UTC 2009

Martin Bogomolni wrote:
> Since selling things @DefCON without being a licensed vendor is
> _severely frowned upon_, I'd like to give NB'ers who are headed to
> DC17 a chance to 'pre-reserve' a HackTheBadge board.  For that matter,
> even if you're not going to DC17 and just want a cool
> mostly-Arduino-compatible board with lots of good hackable things
> onboard to play with.

I find it curious that allegedly security-oriented folks who at least
sometimes allegedly care about issues like privacy and trackability
would suddenly decide it's a cool thing to be trackable at a hacker
convention.  I think active electronics in badges at any conference
anywhere is intrusive and unreasonable.

But I guess it's a cute little piece of hardware and that's got
some entertainment value, agreed.