[Noisebridge-discuss] Club Mate?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Jul 23 23:34:00 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 08:35:25AM -0700, Mitch Altman wrote:
> That would be $2,657.20 total cost, which comes to $3.32 per bottle.
>
> What do people think of Club Mate for $4 per bottle for sale at

That's expensive.  I'd be happy to buy Club Mate at $4/bottle at NB, and
I will pay for it if it's here, but I'd be even happier if more than 68
cents of that were going to the space.  So if this is a pilot program to
test the demand for a larger shipment later (as Lee mentioned), then I
think it is a good idea.  If we just keep sourcing it at $3.32 wholesale
then I think it's not such a good idea.

The numbers I saw before added up to around $2 (a bit below IIRC) per
bottle for a 20TEU full.  You have to add some storage costs onto that
-- a container holds a *lot* of soda, 18,000 bottles IIR the math C.
Sounds like fun!

It might also be interesting to piece out a container to Mate addicts
who can't make it to Noisebridge regularly for whatever reason.  I know
three of those who would love to pick up a crate or two of Mate in SF.

-andy