[Noisebridge-discuss] Club Mate?

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Fri Jul 24 00:08:39 UTC 2009

FWIW for those without a 2600 subscription, this is on the
almost-inside back cover of the last issue (which I received a couple
weeks ago).

Per wiki & above, perhaps "exclusive" is a weak term here?

- Sai

CLUB-MATE

If you attended The Last HOPE, you might have seen a whole lot of
hackers carrying around bottels of this mystery beverage. We imported
it from Germany and it's turned out to be phenomenally successful with
hackers throughout the United States and Canada. Club-Mate (made from
yerba maté leaves) is a caffeinated, carbonated drink that's
comparatively low in sugar. HOPE attendees and Germans tell us that
you get a burst of energy similar to all those energy drinks that are
out there without the 'energy drink crash' that usually comes when you
stop consuming them. Opinions on Club-Mate's taste vary widely: some
people swear by it while others swear at it. Many say it's an acquired
taste. In fact, the official slogan of Club-Mate translates to "one
gets used to it."

[pic of a stack of 20-bottle CM cases]

So why are we telling you this? Because 2600 has just taken the next
step by importing even more of the stuff and becoming the exclusive
U.S. distributor. We expect to be in full swing over the summer. We're
still sorting out prices and delivery options but when we're done
you'll be able to have Club-Mate delivered right to your home. If you
want to be among the first, sign up for our mailing list at our
official website: club-mate.us.

The hacker world has always been a very strange place. Now 2600 is
importing hacker beverages from Europe. You'll get used to it...