[Noisebridge-discuss] Spaces and tradeoffs (was Re: viewing report: 50 Juniper)

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 01:01:16 UTC 2009

I don't know...  BMOrg took a demolition lease and it seemed to work
out alright for them.  Well, except they weren't in an "if the economy
gets better"

It's clear from looking at their website that this property is owned
by a developer.  Developers who own many million+ sq. ft. properties
in the bay area.  Disparaging comments aside, I think they'd consider
it a real boon to be able to get this space occupied for the write-off
we would afford them.  The obviously are not holding this property for
the purpose of the onesy twosey lease market that we're in.

It'd probably also be trivial for them to get their workmen to do the
modifications we'd want, as it'd keep their people busy, as they're
likely inventing makework projects for their best people anyway.  It'd
probably be on a really weird schedule, though.

And for "hands off" management?  See above.  So long as they don't
have to think about us, we won't have to think about them.  It's all
good until they can use the property for what they bought it for - a
much larger development.

There obviously won't be any capital improvements to the space (HVAC,
etc) but I do like it... Then again, the bias here involves all those
lovely pictures of 66 blocks.  Ah, the memories...

How would we go about setting up an evening viewing in relation to
next week's meeting like we did for the Mission space?  I realize it's
a bit too far to just have a "pre-meeting" viewing, and we'd
definitely want to go back to our own space so we can talk smack about
the landlords.

How can we proceed?

Christie

---