[Noisebridge-discuss] Club Mate?

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 24 17:49:34 UTC 2009

As Lee stated, me and Lee have been looking ino many options for bringing Club Mate to NB (and others) -- taking off where Christie and others (including Jake) started.  I was thinking that this pallet of 800 bottles from 2600 would be a good test to see how people at NB (and others) like it and want it.

Getting an entire 20-foot container would be way cool!  But it is a lot of bottles!  And a lot of dollars!  $2657.20 is also a lot of money, but it may be worth getting it together as a test run.  If we can get enough people to kick in the $2657.20 (myself included), the possible up-side is $500 for NB (and a lot of happy Mate heads).  The possible up-side is that we don't make our money back, and we're left with a lot of full Mate bottles taking up space.

It is possible to get less than a full pallet from 2600 now, but then the price per bottle becomes super-expensive (since we'd still need to pay for a space in a truck to go all the way across the country).  I don't know how much it will be per bottle, but from my experience shipping stuff, I don't think it is even worthwhile to put in all the time to get an estimate.

In the future, if we decide we want more, we can ship pallets directly from Germany to Oakland (and truck it from Oakland to NB, or pick it up ourselves from Oakland).  The more we buy. the less it costs per bottle.

Whether we want this pallet or not, within the next few days I should tell Emmanuel and Mike (the 2600 people that imported the most recent 5 pallets of the stuff) whether we want a pallet.

Mitch.