[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Noisebridge sponsorship? LoveTech - Moldover CD Release Party

Moldover moldover at moldover.com
Mon Jul 27 19:37:52 UTC 2009

Hey All,

I just thought I would chime in to address a few of your concerns, and
suggest some more benefits of sponsoring this LoveTech/Moldover/
Pyramind event.

> What's NB's legal exposure look like, using NB's NPO status to get a
> third party a liquor license for a party?   What happens if they serve
> an underaged person a drink and get busted etc?
>
> -Martin

Pyramind is obtaining an event permit from the city.  They have event
liability insurance and are adding to that liquor liability
insurance.  Vixen Productions is running the bar and LoveTech is
organizing and financing the event.  There is no legal danger for
NoiseBridge that I can see.

> Additionally, what are the responsibilities of a sponsor?  Do we
> have to
> give them money?  I kinda want to save all the money we can for moving
> expenses.  If it's not a big outlay of cash, this sounds super cool.
>
> Rachel

We aren't looking for any money from NoiseBridge.  LoveTech is putting
up all the cash for the event.

Other benefits I see are:

- We can include NoiseBridge in our promotions, getting the
Noisebridge name and logo in front of the LoveTech community and it's
extensions.
- As a sponsor we would love for NoiseBridge to participate in the
actual event.  This could be anything from having a NB literature
available, to presenting art, or participating in our Digital Jam
Lounge- whatever we can come up with.  This could be fun for you and
again, good promotion for NoiseBridge.
- If you ever want to host your own events and include a bar as part
of that, you should know how to obtain a liquor license.  We have the
whole process sorted out and would be happy to show you how it works.
(easy when you know how- just a bunch of paperwork hoops to jump
through).  Once NoiseBridge has registered with the ABC this first
time, it becomes much simpler and faster to get liquor licenses in the
future.  NoiseBridge parties anyone?

I'll be at the NoiseBridge meeting tomorrow evening to address any
other concerns and hopefully persuade y'all to work with us on this.
Our art goddess Jean Rintoul, and Promotional Wizard Rich DDT should
be joining us as well.  Hope to see you tomorrow!

Best,
Moldover
moldover.com