[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: Noisebridge sponsorship? LoveTech - Moldover CD Release Party

Jean Rintoul jean.rintoul at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 19:51:06 UTC 2009

Increasing the collaboration between Lovetech and Noisebridge seems like a
great idea(totally unbiased! - not), although I don't know much about the
legalities involved, or where the responsibilities lie. It would suck if
501(c)(3) status got revoked because someone who was sponsored served an
18yo alcohol. Sounds like this is not a risk, as the venue is covering
insurance, and sounds like Moldover has the lowdown on this, so might as
well check it out.

However, it would be really cool if Lovetech(a monthly event) provided a
place for Noisebridgers to potentially show their finished projects in a
cool, party like atmosphere, and it'd also be cool for Noisebridgers to
display their latest projects, and see others enjoy and play with them, and
have access to the party resource that Lovetech is. It seems like this could
aid both groups, and motivate the artists/musicians/engineers involved,
inspire creativity and community etc. Lovetech and Noisebridge have a lot in
common, Lovetech being the display of people's creative DIY efforts.

Cheers,

Jean