[Noisebridge-discuss] Consensus process

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 28 19:06:00 UTC 2009

> Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:57:38 -0700
> From: j at hug.gs
> To: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] Consensus process
>
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 12:47 AM, Mitch Altman<maltman23 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Do a search for "consensus process" and you'll find a bunch of good (as well
> > as not so good) info.
>
> I see lots of meeting notes about deciding what the process will look
> like, but nothing which says "this is what we have decided that the
> process will be" or words to that effect. Am I totally missing
> something?

You mean, on the Noisebridge wiki?  Sorry, I thought you were asking about consensus process, in general.

It probably would be a good thing to have our Noisebridge consensus process spelled out on our website!  Anyone want to take a crack at it?

One thing that could also be good is for the facilitator to have a very brief statement about our consensus decision-making process at the beginning of each meeting, along with "What Noisebridge is about" (as I did last week when I facilitated the meeting).

Mitch.