[Noisebridge-discuss] air compressor

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Jun 1 17:28:10 UTC 2009

I bought Noisebridge an air compressor this weekend.  It's small (1HP, 6
gallons, 150 PSI) and the pump is kinda loud, but hey -- compressed air!

It lives in the shop, currently under the table under the lathe.  The
manuals and accessories are on a hook on the pegboard above the CNC
mill.

Please consult the manual or an experienced user before use if you
haven't used an air compressor before; in particular, you must bleed out
the tank using the release valve after using it.  Also, it's pretty easy
to hurt yourself using compressed air, so don't do that.

I'd like to pick up a line filter to reduce condensation, and preferably
build a sound baffle box so that it's not so intrusive.  If anyone is
interested in building compressed air infrastructure in the shop, talk
to me!

-andy