[Noisebridge-discuss] an Open Everything Unconference in San Francisco in September, maybe

jim jim at well.com
Sat Jun 13 00:32:11 UTC 2009

(JS: this seems noisebridgey to me: the open everything
unconference. some of us might want to help out so's to
make it happen.)

an afficianado writes:
'If you are not yet familiar with the Open Everything unconferences,
they are a series of completely community/volunteer organized events,
free of charge to attend, designed to foster the global conversation
about the art, science and spirit of 'open'. To put it succinctly and
crib right from the website, "It's about thinking, doing and being
open."

'One of the main movers and shakers behind OE is John Britton. He's
looking for contacts in the San Francisco Bay Area that would be
available to help plan an OE event in the city of San Francisco on 26
September 2009. OE SF 2009 will be one of 10 OE events happening on that
date worldwide, with other locations including Berlin, London, Montreal
and Washington DC.
'

john writes:
'I'm trying my best to pass the torch on the organization of NYC so that
I can be in SF on the 26. That said, I'm happy to do anything and
everything I can to make the event happen, but it's close to impossible
to do without someone with feet on the ground on location ahead of
time.

'The first thing on the agenda for Open Everything SF is to find a venue
where we can fit a decent sized crowd on Sat. Sept. 26, now is the time
to start asking around and reserving the venue.

'Currently the budget is $0. It's not impossible to have the event
without cash, but it would be nice if we could raise a few hundred
dollars to buy drinks/food/tshirts for the attendees (in order of
importance).
'

John Britton --
contact info:
http://www.johndbritton.com

(JS: the above ur? has something of a description of the
open everything event in NYC in april 2009.)

the open everything discussion mailing list:
http://groups.google.com/group/open-everything-discuss