[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacked.

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 04:05:56 UTC 2009

  Today I received a private message on IRC from Chris Abad
  (`aempirei` in `#noisebridge`). I'd heard a little bit about
  him and I thought it was odd that he was PM'ing me; because it
  was right before Haskell class I thought he might be asking
  about that.

  Surprise. His private message was an exploit against my IRC
  client. It was the wrong time for me, though, as I was in the
  middle of talking over course material on `#haskell`.

  I would like to believe this kind of thing is generally
  frowned on at Noisebridge; I have no pretensions of being a
  security professional and would not have joined if I felt that
  were a requirement. However, when I confronted him on
  `#noisebridge`, I was surprised to discover that no one else
  had anything to say about it.

  I don't think open season on other people's time and energy is
  a good policy.

--
Jason Dusek