[Noisebridge-discuss] viewing report: 275 8th St

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sat Jun 20 05:19:15 UTC 2009

Yesterday I visited 275 8th St.  The second floor of a three story
concrete-frame wood-floor building is available.  The ground floor
houses a motorcycle/scooter shop, the third floor is also vacant but is
being bid by some friends of mine and is probably out of our budget
anyways.
 * 6ksf quoted (uh huh, tell me another one)
 * rate unknown, probably somewhere around $0.70 - $0.90
 * sweatshop moved out recently
 * lots of single-pane windows looking out on 8th st
 * lots of noise, lots of light, lots of heat lost to the outdoors
 * shared building entrance with upstairs neighbors
 * 9' ceilings (?)
 * serious freight elevator opens onto Clementina
 * roof access (with OK of upstairs neighbors)
 * floors are very not soundproof
 * serious electrical (dozens of 20A circuits)
 * downstairs neighbors are somewhat noisy during business hours
 * scary bathrooms need demo, do-over
 * nasty badly treated floorcovering needs demo, do-over
 * wierd scary clothes hangers in back need removal
 * no kitchen, no shower
 * owner willing to do some build-out to suit (possibly incl. kitchen)

Photos at
http://web.hexapodia.org/~adi/pix/20090618-275-8th-st/

(If someone could wiki these two reports and add them to Moving/ I'd
appreciate it.)

-andy