[Noisebridge-discuss] Roombas for HSB?

Meredith L. Patterson mlp at thesmartpolitenerd.com
Wed Jun 24 12:21:58 UTC 2009

Hi all,

At last night's Hacker Space Brussels meeting, we got onto the topic of
Roomba hacking. Unfortunately, no one here has had much of an
opportunity to explore this, as Roombas are ridiculously expensive here
(~300EUR or thereabouts).

I know that a number of people will be coming to HAR this August; would
anyone be willing to pick up a Roomba and bring it with them? We can pay
you for it in advance or at HAR, whichever you prefer. Doesn't need to
be anything fancy -- the only criterion is that it support the Roomba
serial control interface. A used one would be fine as well.

Cheers,
--mlp