[Noisebridge-discuss] unannounced groups of non-members at Noisebridge (esp. kids)

Al Billings albill at openbuddha.com
Mon Jun 1 23:22:26 UTC 2009

On 6/1/09 4:17 PM, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:

> When we give out keys to people we trust, those same people have
> expressed being filled with respect and admiration for our openness.
> Many of those people are either now members in good standing or people
> who often visit us from out of town.

I would say that individual members give out keys to people that those
individual members trust. Personally, I wouldn't hand a key to anyone
that isn't a member. I never have and I wouldn't feel right doing so.
That's just me (seriously).

We've always been pretty fast and loose with keys (I got mine before
there was a real consensus on stuff even) but I do find it potentially
worrisome that we have no idea, as a group, of who has keys to the space
given all of the stuff in it. I'm not losing sleep over it since I don't
keep things there but it is a concern.