[Noisebridge-discuss] power washing service for Wiese Street?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Jun 2 04:37:28 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 07:06:07PM -0700, nils at shkoo.com wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Jun 2009, njc 4523 wrote:
> > Is there interest in hiring a janitorial service to use a power washer
> > once a week on Wiese Street all the way to 16th?  The human shit and
> > stench of piss is revolting.  Perhaps other tenants in the area would
> > be interested in sharing the cost.

Definitely worth running the idea by the Dolores Labs folks (the guys in
83A).  Our other neighbors may not be too willing to cough up cash, but
it doesn't hurt to ask.

Also, note that it's not *that* expensive to buy a 3000 PSI pressure
washer; they run around $300-$400 new, and they often show up on
craigslist for half that (and almost always can be haggled down).  We'd
probably want electric rather than gas-powered, though -- and one of the
smaller uprights rather than larger ones.  We'd have to rearrange the
outside utility closet and install some hooks, but there is potentially
room for it out there.

> What's the deal with the city street sweeper trucks?  Do they ever come
> by?  How often?

Wiese St is a by-request-only cleaning street.  Anyone can call 311 and
request a cleaning; it takes about 5 minutes from the time you say "I'm
calling to request street cleaning on Wiese St".  If you tell them the
true condition of the street they can send out a more thorough cleaning;
it helps to mention needles and glass, if any.

-andy