[Noisebridge-discuss] Virtualization resources

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Tue Jun 2 23:29:00 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 04:17:13PM -0700, Rachel McConnell wrote:
> So just to be clear: you want inexperienced people to set up our
> infrastructure at NB as a learning experience, but you won't use it
> unless it's as reliable, restorable, and trivial to use as a dedicated
> external service?  I am not sure that means what you think it means.

I said that we should play to our strengths, and that maybe this kind
of infrastructure isn't our strength.  However, I know that people are
going press on ahead regardless (it sounds cool!!), so I wasn't going
to say anything.  Unfortunately, I was mentioned specifically in the
thread, so I had to give the same old "This is why I don't use
noisebridge mailing lists, don't host in mercurial on pony, didn't set
up wikimedia calendar, blah blah blah" spiel that I've given before.
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com