[Noisebridge-discuss] Keys

Daniel Packer dp at danielpacker.org
Wed Jun 3 15:49:51 UTC 2009

I agree that the space is absurdly insecure, however, I get the
philosophy behind "open access" and it's very hackery and low
maintenance, if nothing else.

I have in the past loaned hardware, with noone complaining. In fact,
Jake, I loaned a box for your GSM project, but you withdrew your
hardware and I had to stop working on the project. My point is,
loaning is fine, if done with the intention of loaning for the
duration of a project and not withdrawing the hardware before anyone
gets any real work done. My box has since been used for another
project and saved noisebridgers a lot of time having a decent box
around. I may end up taking the box with me when I move, but it's
gotten a hell of a lot of use and I certainly wouldn't remove it at an
inopportune time - like at the beginning of a promising and exciting
project.

-Daniel