[Noisebridge-discuss] Python and All That Re: reply-to

Christoph Maier cm.hardware.software.elsewhere at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 18:54:39 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 19:28 +0200, Almir Karic wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 07, 2009 at 04:36:11AM -0700, Christie Dudley wrote:
> > Indeed.  With the large number of posts made in haste recently, it seems
> > better to restrict the audience by default.
>
> that is ugly hack IMHO :-), it makes communication much more difficult. take my
> advanced python thread for example, a bunch of people have replyied to it, but
> they (mostly?) don't know what each other said, making it rather painful to
> decide on the time and place of the event.

true ... so what ARE your plans?

I had been emailing back & forth with Asheesh, a few weeks ago, and
played a little with python remotely (i.e., here in San Diego), and even
did some examples from the book he recommends.
I'd be more than happy to contribute as good as I can from a few hundred
miles away.
Question du jour: What do y'all use to write and debug (i.e., single
step and/or unit test) python?

> if there is too much noise on this list one of the possible solutions could be
> to break up the mailing list in smaller mailing lists where only people who
> care about certain subject would be subscribed  (that is what we at cyberpipe did).

Seems to happen @noisebridge, too.
There are separate mailing lists/groups for EEG, German, muralizer,
maybe haschool [Gesundheit!], ...

Dunno what it takes to set up yet another mailing list.

Christoph