[Noisebridge-discuss] High-grit sandpaper?

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Sun Jun 7 19:39:44 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 08:05:39PM -0700, d p chang wrote:
> d p chang <weasel at meer.net> writes:
>
> > Noah Balmer <noahbalmer at gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> Oh, while I think plastic polish is a better bet for your application
> >> than jewelers' rouge, there is a jewelery supply place called
> >> "Otto Frei" in an office building on Market street.
> >
> > not quite 'jewler' level, but i have some stuff for polishing scratches
> > off of 'plastic' watch faces and stuff.
>
> it is this stuff
>
> http://www.amazon.com/POLYWATCH-PLASTIC-REMOVER-REMOVES-SCRATCHES-ACRYLIC-TUBE/dp/B0014R9V9O

Ah, interesting.  I don't think it would work for the stuff I'm using
here.  I'm considering a change of materials, though, so it's good to
know that this exists: it makes plastics more attractive.

This seems to be a chemical version of the old torch-polishing
technique.  You melt the surface and then let it settle; I'm
considering doing much the same thing with a fresh pour of really
fluid epoxy.
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com