[Noisebridge-discuss] First e-mail, and an LCD question

Ryan Castellucci ryan.castellucci at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 08:04:15 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 11:23 PM, Michael
Frederickson<michael.frederickson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Received an e-mail back with a link about the HD44870 interface, but I was
> hoping to perhaps meet up with someone who had some experience and debug
> together a bit.

Michael,

I've worked with several HD44780 LCDs and may be able to help you
debug them.  IRC is generally the best way to contact me.  I've found
them to be not very sensitive to timing for the most part... Are you
interfacing it in 4 or 8 bit mode?  Using a shift register?  What
clock speed?

--
Ryan Castellucci http://ryanc.org/