[Noisebridge-discuss] IR Blocking filter material?

David Yao kudegra+nb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 21:16:34 UTC 2009

The camera is a little bullet-style video security unit, like from
http://www.supercircuits.com . So it's not a normal consumer camera, and I'm
pretty certain the one I have is intended to work under IR illumination.
However, I'm using it for a helmet-cam, not indoor or night use, so i'm
willing to give up a lot of night low-light performance to get more vivid
day-time footage. It might be a 1/3" sensor, I can also probably fit up to a
~3/4" diameter disc in the housing in front of the lense.

So if anyone has a dead digital camera or the like, I'd like to get my hands
on it.