[Noisebridge-discuss] What is the true hacker ethic?

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 14 16:40:20 UTC 2009

By doing what we're doing at Noisebridge we're contributing to our community -- both the hacker community, and the community at large.  We teach what we know, we share what we know, we learn from others, and in so doing, give others the opportunity to learn and grow and make cooler, better choices with their lives (as they define "cool" and "better").

This is what motivates me to do pretty much all that I do.

No utopias, here.  What one person defines as "cool" or "better" may be "icky" or "bad" for someone else.  I think we all need to allow each other, and the community at large, to explore freely what they believe (right now) to they think is "cool" and "better", so that they can grow as human beings -- and we can all learn from each other as we grow (which isn't always easy -- but always way rewarding).

Mitch.