[Noisebridge-discuss] hashclash MD5 collisions, and ps3 for Noisebridge

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Thu Jun 18 18:52:47 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:39:59AM -0700, Andy Isaacson wrote:

> It might be possible to hack the Blade connector, but doing so is not
> trivial and means that the system is less flexible / capable.
>
> I haven't found power/heat numbers on the QS20.

Above and beyond that, the nice thing about working on the PS3 is that
they're reasonably inexpensive commodity items for most of the world's
hackers.  Anything we build on them can be reproduced trivially by
other first/second worlders.  And, the rest of the world (ie: the
majority) shouldn't find it too hard to get a PS3 donated to them if
they have a compelling use for it.

Do you need anything else on this, Andy?  Specs, cash, motivation?
Should we leave cookies and a glass of milk in the server closet?
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com