[Noisebridge-discuss] HD Video - Non-Mobile but through Computer

David Yao kudegra+nb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 00:28:10 UTC 2009

Logitech claims some of their webcams are HD... whether they can do 720p and
30fps at the same time isn't clear.

Otherwise there ought to be some high-end teleconferencing gear out there.

I know some old firewire miniDV could output a live feed, explicitly for
webcam-like uses, maybe one of the current HD camcorders can also?

Some DSLRs have a live feed to computers for framing the shot and immediate
review on a larger screen... I don't know if this feature can be used for
recording live HD though.

Final idea is to use a second generation Eye-Fi SD card in your Lumix. Not
realtime, but it will get the video out to your laptop without you having to
manage the transfer yourself. This may give you the same end effect.

-
DY