[Noisebridge-discuss] Interested in Reverse Engineering or Vulnerability Research?

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Tue Jun 23 03:46:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 8:38 PM, <unmarshal at gmail.com> wrote:
> We could write them in C, Ruby or Python. I'd prefer C.

FWIW: Metasploit is written in Ruby + some C, and I'd suggest teaching
exploits in its context where applicable, as it's a good way to learn
and contribute back to the community.

Of course, it's mostly 'net oriented; I don't know of anything similar
aimed at same-system program exploits (e.g. cracking).

Also: surely you're aware that there are LOTS of extant hacking
challenges? I'd suggest using one or more rather than making yet
another, unless you're making something that's new (which, for any
basic stuff, you almost certainly aren't).

- Sai