[Noisebridge-discuss] Two spaces

Geoff Schmidt geoff at geoffschmidt.com
Tue Jun 23 22:29:58 UTC 2009

(this was re 301 8th)

On Jun 23, 2009, at 2:52 PM, Christie Dudley wrote:
> Do you know how much it was going for 6 months ago?  If we could
> gauge how much it's come down, we could get a better idea of
> comparative market value as well as how much we could push them
> further.

I saw it sometime in Q3 2008 and they were still in the process of
putting in the glass storefront. They were hoping that that would
attract a retail use, but it seems to have been vacant since then.
ISTR it was around $1.30/ft2 but that's from memory.

Also, I (socially) know broker-type people who are happy to talk about
the market, and make inquiries into how low below ask it's reasonable
to start.

It costs nothing to make an offer, and offers are non-binding.. so for
a space like this, if we think we'd want it if we could get it for,
say, $5500 ($.86/ft2), but not above, we should just drop an offer and
see what we learn.

geoff