[Noisebridge-discuss] mercury on the table?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Jun 24 02:10:29 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 06:45:55PM -0700, Jason Dusek wrote:
>   Meredith made some discoveries that suggest the mercury came
>   from that neon sign...our deaths are inevitable.

So assuming that this isn't somebody's bad idea of a joke, we do need to
deal with this with reasonable respect.  Unfortunately I wasn't planning
to get to NB until after the meeting this evening (I have another
commitment) so I can only suggest.

Please clean up all visible mercury according to reasonable cleanup
standards:

http://www.mnpoison.org/mnpoison/pdfs/Hg_Cleanup-Nov03.pdf

Please ventilate the area as well as possible; we have several fans that
can be used.

Please bag and label the mercury and mercury-contaminated cleanup
materials, and I'll dispose of them next week (after I return from
France) if nobody else has done so before then.  They should be dropped
off at the SF Household Hazardous Waste facility, google for directions.

-andy