[Noisebridge-discuss] CFP: Zombie Apocalypse Preparedness series?

Lee Sonko lee at lee.org
Sun Jun 28 01:15:59 UTC 2009

* chainsaw maintenance
* a trip to a batting cage

-----Original Message-----
From: noisebridge-discuss-bounces at lists.noisebridge.net
[mailto:noisebridge-discuss-bounces at lists.noisebridge.net] On Behalf Of Josh
Myer
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2009 4:47 PM
To: NoiseBridge Discuss
Subject: [Noisebridge-discuss] CFP: Zombie Apocalypse Preparedness series?

It occurred to me that we should do a zombie apocalypse preparedness series
at noisebridge, perhaps on Sunday evenings.

"What is zombie apocalypse preparedness?" you ask.  Why, it's disaster
preparedness, capped off with a trip to the rifle range and booze, of
course!

Here's what I thought might each be a fun Sunday afternoon/evening:

 * Another round of First Aid and CPR certification
 * A talk by local amateur radio ARES/RACES operators
 * A trip to a rifle range (ie: not just small-bore handguns)
 * A talk on brewing and distillation of alcohol (we probably oughtn't
     run a still in the space, however...)

What else would belong in the series, especially on the disaster
preparedness front?  The above is a month-long series of Sundays if we do
them one per day; we can probably fit more than that in.

Is anyone stoked about one of the above to coordinate it?  I don't really
have time to make all of these happen, but would love to help a small team
put it together.
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com