[Noisebridge-discuss] Interest in info session re Scientology?

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Sun Jun 28 04:56:38 UTC 2009

Sai Emrys wrote:
> Recently I've been reading up a lot on Scientology (partially in prep
> to include in the meditation workshop; some of it will be in
> tomorrow's edition thereof).
>
> However, I think there's a lot of info there that wouldn't fit but is
> interesting. There's also a couple videos that are long but
> fascinating and worth watching (e.g. the Scientology official intro
> video; the Fishman deposition; the LMT TRs demo).
>
> How many of you would be interested in some sort of info / viewing
> session on this?

If you're interested in *promoting* Scientology or the Church of
Scientology at Noisebridge, I'd like to be the first to step up and ask
you to please not do that. The Church of Scientology is seriously scary
and dangerous to people (especially those heavily involved who want to
escape), their rhetoric is chilling and of course attractive by design.

Scientology, despite the partial use of the word science, is not
something that I ever want to see as a part of our community.

I suggest reading Operation Clambake - The Inner Secrets Of Scientology:
http://www.xenu.net/

Though honestly, I can't tell if that's what you're suggesting. Your
email could be a pro or an anti Scientology email.

If you're out to inform the community of the insanity that is the Church
of Scientology, please by all means, carry on and disregard my email.

Sigh,
Jake