[Noisebridge-discuss] Interest in info session re Scientology?

nymphaea non nymphaea.non at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 00:56:15 UTC 2009

If you've been watching the internets, those (ahem) interested in analyzing,
exposing, and kicking around the Church of Scientology have been doing so
for the past year and change...

Studying the neuro/linguistic reprogramming and emotional manipulation of
this cult is a long and exhausting task. I'd certainly attend your talks.
Mostly, I'm amazed you can make it through the reading, and still have the
energy to parse this material for others' consumption.

for those playing along in the home game:
TRs = "Training Routines" = the hypnotic multi-hour sessions Scientology
uses to retrain mental processes and suppress critical thinking impulses.
Via yelling at ashtrays.

I find it all fascinating, as this is an instance of Power being broken over
the knee of freely available knowledge.
It's a whipping boy for much of the Do-Not-Question-Or-Analyze attitudes of
other churches doctrines.
Reporters are getting their revenge for decades of threats:
http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2009/reports/project/
It's also a hilarious example of an entity with an Unwarranted Sense of Self
Importance being unable to sue groups off the internet. (especially when one
of those groups is completely batshit freaking insane, desu.)

fwiw, stay tuned for a more hardware-oriented scientology-related
"breakdown", too, after the worst of the summer's eventflood calms down.