[Noisebridge-discuss] Interest in info session re Scientology?

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Mon Jun 29 14:48:09 UTC 2009

FWIW, I discussed Scn TRs (and demoed TR-0) @ NB last night as the
almost-last part of my talk on meditation techniques. Seemed to go
over well and generate a fair amount of interest. (And at least one
person is disturbingly good at it.)

Re. the whole cult behavior, suits, etc. thing - someone not-me should
do that. I am exclusively interested in the techniques side of thing;
the social bullshit and the ... shall we say, somewhat unusual
dogmatic beliefs are uninteresting to me.

The videos I suggested would give both a view of what Scn claims it
gives, a couple demos from ex-Scnists of what the material actually
involves, and a deposition from a true believer who got kicked out
(but still believed) that demonstrates rather starkly what mindstate
and set of beliefs it can create. The last is longish (a couple
hours), but IMHO well worth the watch. It's a mix of disturbing and
funny.

Those who saw my talk last night may have comment for the rest of you
re. the segment on Scn techniques.

One person - I'm blanking right now on who - said he had something
interesting on it from a meme-web perspective.

- Sai