[Noisebridge-discuss] Maker Faire, let's do it

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Wed Mar 11 21:03:47 UTC 2009

The deadline for participant applications is March 31.  The fair itself
is May 30 & 31.  There is no cost to present and we'd get some number of
free passes for those manning the booth (it's not clear exactly how
many; from previous experience it's somewhat negotiable).  This year
they don't seem to be providing any tables or chairs, so we'd have to
bring some.

Full info:

http://makerfaire.com/bayarea/2009/callformakers/

We've discussed participating at the last 2 meetings.  There has been
talk of trying to join up with Mitch who is nearly certainly going to
have a booth, but I suspect he'll be in the vendor area which isn't
suitable for NB generally (at least in my opinion).  If that's correct I
think we ought to go anyway.  Let's make a decision next Tuesday so as
to be in time for the deadline.

If we decide to go, I'm willing to be point person unless someone else
really wants to :)

Rachel