[Noisebridge-discuss] Lasers for Noisebridge

Walter Funk marybraindoe at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 23:45:55 UTC 2009

I think Rick said it right about playing with at their whim, they are not toys.

These lasers are not plug and play, since they will need some hacking anyhow, they can be used for a specific project where all involved or observing would have to take necessary precautions.

Due to the nature of the devices, and the concerns mentioned on this list, it seem like they should not be just up for grabs to anyone, but to someone who is aware of all safety measures in regards to working with the lasers.

Here is the info on the lasers-

Class 111C, complies with 21 CFR Chapter 1 Subchapter J
Peak Power 30 MW

2 Lasers, 3 Receiver modules and 2 other prototype parts

Now the Umatic I will offer in a few weeks, THAT'S scary!

~Walter