[Noisebridge-discuss] illuminated clothing

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 16 06:02:46 UTC 2009

This is mostly targeted at the cyborg group (esp. Rachel), but I thought
it might also have general interest amongst us geeks, so check this out
Noise Bridgers:

http://enlighted.com/index.html

Janet Hansen makes awesome custom clothing with embedded LEDs/EL Wire.
You can get outlined jackets/vests, hypno-bras, awesome hats, faux fur
stuff, etc.  Perfect for burning man, but also very interesting from a
"display" perspective.  The same tricks she uses to put lights into
clothing could be used to put vibrators, etc. into clothing.

I have personally seen a hat she made for a guy I met at dorkbot - it
included a complete ~300 pixel (white LED) display, fully programmable,
so you can scroll messages, flash patterns, etc.

Eric