[Noisebridge-discuss] G1 serial interface incantation

William Heath wgheath at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 17:41:23 UTC 2009

Hi All,
I have started this fun project:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Autonomous_Flying_Platform#Team_Members

I need to find a way to control propellers etc... with the G1.  The easiest
way I know how to do this is to use the serial interface from the G1 to like
a parallax board which then connects to servos etc...  I am stuck in park so
far as I am a mere mortal and the serial inteface/software on the G1 phone
is "undocumented" but does exist.  I was told that ioerror might know about
it.  I am performing the incantation to the G1 Gods/Gurus to rain down this
undocumented knowledge that I might drink deeply from that cup of knowledge.
 I also invite advice/recommendations on what hardware to use for the
propellers etc... in this project.

Thanks!

-Tim